Reset Windows Password sound like a difficult thing you can not do. But actually, isn’t like what you think. Anyway just follow by my 8 Easy Steps. Windows Password is Windows security system to protects user login to the windows without permission. Sometimes the user will face with forgotten password. If you’ve forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it. Today I will show you how to reset windows password or windows 7 password using Hiren Boot USB Flash by the following step:
- Startup or Restart your windows and select boot from USB Flash Drive.
- After Boot into Hiren Boot, you will see the Hiren Boot Menu. Please select Start Mini Windows XP
- When you’ve booted into Windows XP Mini Home Screen. Double-Click on HBCD Menu.
- Next Step Click on Programs => Passwords/Keys => Windows Login => NTPWEdit (Reset XP/Vista/7 User Password)
- Click on … to browse SAM file that store password windows inside. SAM file Directory store on
Your Windows Drive\Windows\system32\config\SAM.So my windows drive is C:\Windows\system32\config\SAM. Make Sure that Path of SAM File is correct and Click on Reopen to open the user you want to reset windows password.
- After you click on Reopen Button the user will show in the list. Click on the user account you want to reset a password and then click Change password button.
- After you click on Change password button please enter the new password and verify and then OK.
- After Click OK. Finally, Click Save changes to save your new password.